Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Oops, forgot some photos...

If you've been around a long long time you may remember that we used to have a gorgeous Belgian Shepherd Dog named Dusty whom we bred and showed. I got these pictures of her son Jack yesterday.







Dusty was a beautiful girl. She used to accompany me around the province when I worked for the co-ops. We did presentations for schools among other things and as I talked she would circulate among the students, letting them pet her. Unfortunately, when I stopped working due to illness, she had no job to do and she created her own job - herding Siberians. Herding GSPs is great - they think it's a game. The Siberians find it offensive and set out to put a stop to it. For her own safety we eventually ended up placing her with my cousins in the Ottawa Valley where she herded cattle until she passed a few years ago from a spinal tumour.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my. Gorgeous Belgian. You may (or may not) know this about me, but my next planned dog is going to be a belgian Mal or terv. if not one of those, a dutch shepherd. I love this breed. i love working with them. i love sports they can do as well. Most likely i will get a Mal. I'm working with a Belgian breeder who trains for sport ring. Since I've been told Loki has a medium drive Mal temperment, I decided to train myself on him (poor guy having me as a screw up trainer) before i adopt a Mal! LOL....

    neat blog. Nice GSPs! purty!

    wags-n-wiggles,
    wild dingo

    ReplyDelete